Friday, April 7, 2017

Creating Final Details

Hey guys!

Happy Friday! This week I got to do a lot of different things. At the lab, we finalized the formula for my mask and set it up on stability to check over time to make sure it will hold up and be safe for consumer use.
Homogenizing my mask before adding final ingredients.
And yesterday at the lab, I got to put together a spreadsheet with all the different ingredients in my mask, their percentages, and their INCI names (formal names used in the industry). This will allow me to put together my ingredient list properly and have quality documentation for this product.

We have a lot to do next week at the lab - which means a lot of fun! We will be making a large batch of my lip treatments on Tuesday, and making a large batch of my masks on Thursday (hopefully my tubes come in by then!). Along with this, I will be finishing my spreadsheet for my mask, and creating a spreadsheet for my lip treatment. 
And at the dermatology company, I got to go along with them for a video shoot which was so much fun! Like any company, creating video and quality marketing materials like pictures are key to successfully getting the name out there so I got to tag along for that on Wednesday which was an absolute blast! 

I am also realizing it's a lot harder to create a website than you would think. If any of you have advice on how to best use Wordpress, I would love any feedback! I am just trying to create a simple website for my brand. :D 

It's crunch time, and I want to create the best products so I am actually putting together my final packaging for my lip treatment this week too! Thank you to all of you guys for loving the pink-brown color of my mask! I totally wasn't expecting it, and now I am for sure keeping that color! Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!
Onto finishing my products!

13 comments:

  1. So exciting!! It seems like everything is coming together for your lip balm and mask! I can't wait to see the final products! Also, Justin can totally help you with your site! Email me the details or let me know when you can meet up to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Congrats on finalizing your lip and mask formulas! I can't believe you are already wrapping things up; it seems like the weeks have gone by so fast. I am so excited to see your products in May. Good luck on the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! It's so impressive that you achieved and learned so much in such a short amount of time! In regards to the photo shoot you went to, is there a specific type of shoot that makes a product more appealing, in terms of color or brightness or anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, it's good to see that you're using these last weeks up as much as possible. I hope the lab work goes well and have fun documenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren! It's amazing that your project is coming together finally! It's insane that you have your own range, especially over such a short time period. I can't wait to see the final results of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren! It's so cool to see your product really come together! You talked about creating a website, but are there other marketing materials that you will be using for your product? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lauren! It's so exciting how everything has been finalized and perfected due to all your efforts! I'm so excited to see how you finish our your project. Is the spreadsheet mainly so that you can easily recreate the same product every time, with the same proportions? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren! Congrats on almost finishing your products and almost finishing senior year!! You mentioned something about INCI names. Are producers required to put the INCI names on their products? If they did, do they have to be on a specific location in the box/tube? I'm thinking if someone read that there was caprylic triglyceride in their lip balm (coconut oil) they might be deterred from buying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lauren! It's so exciting how you've accomplished so much in just 9 weeks! I hope your project continues to come together! I wish you luck on finishing the website and finalizing the projects! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lauren! Though it took about three months, your product is almost done! I'm super excited to see the final product! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lauren. Having a shoot for your product sounds like so much fun! I am glad to hear you are finalizing the ingredients list and packaging. Is there any specific reason you decided to put your clay mask in a tube rather than a bottle dispenser? Also, by when do you think your product will be available for us to buy? I am so excited! Thank you.
    Zafeerah Sheikh

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like it's still super busy! You mentioned creating an ingredients list for you products. Since this is a new and exciting product, what would you say your most unique ingredient is/ what is the one that makes either of your products different?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lauren! If you can get extra samples of your product, I would like to try it! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete